Saturday, August 6, 2011

Speak, Lord...

"He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God." John 8:47

God's children hear His voice. He speaks in accordance with His Word. The parable of the seed and the sower says in Luke 8:15 that seed (or words of the Lord) that fall on good soil, fall on those with a noble and good heart, who hear the Word, retain it and persevere by producing a crop. Those who hear God's voice and walk in obedience, bring the Father glory. Such believers approach the throne with the attitude of Samuel who said, "Speak, Lord, for your servant in listening."

Father God, As I walk and talk with You today, I pray Your Words fall on the fertile soil of my heart, and that my words and actions reflect a heart of obedience and bring You glory. Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening... I ask this in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment