Sunday, August 28, 2011

Heart Matters

"I am He who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds." Revelation 2:23b

My God sees my heart and knows the motive behind every thought in my mind. What is in my heart and on my mind matters to Him. His Word says that "Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7b). It also says that after He searches the heart and examines the mind, He will reward man "according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve" (Jeremiah 17:10). I am reminded as well that I am called to acknowledge the Lord, serve Him with wholehearted devotion, and a willing mind (1 Chronicles 28:9). Jeremiah said on more than one occasion, "for to You I have committed my cause".

If I surrender my will, my own fleshly dreams and desires, to God's will; if I make His cause, my cause...then prayerfully my hearts desire and my dreams will line up with His plans for me, and I will live a fruitful life for the kingdom.

Lord Jesus, Please forgive me for the times I have run ahead of You, making plans in vain without first consulting You, or waiting on Your will. I know full well that I may plan my way but it is You Lord, that orders my steps. Test my heart and know my thoughts. Reveal any offensive ways in me. Correct any motives that do not please or glorify You. Align my will with Yours O Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment